Who am I??

My photo
nearish to Seattle, WA, United States
I am quickly becoming aware just how fast these magical moments with ever-growing children can pass. I want something so a year from now I can look back and remember all the little things that made me smile today.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

no excuses

I don't know how it happens. Days turn into months, which turn into weeks which turns into an inevitable MONTH before I add another post on here? I don't suppose I really have a following anyway, but it is something that I had wanted to stay with consistent with, but sadly have failed a bit! Maybe I will pick up my second wind now. Who knows!

Anyway- so much has transpired lately. Holland moved to what had been our guest room a little over a week ago. I thought it might take awhile for the transition, but she has done phenomenal. She now loves going to bed with her two favorite babies on her new big bed. (and it really is a BIG bed- a Queen- what had and still will be when necessary- our guest bed) Holland's current favorite thing to watch by far is her Signing Times Videos. She loves them so! She does not even watch any other tv- and requests Signing Times all the time- by singing a cute little song. She has picked up a ton. I just wish I had started being more consistent with signing earlier. If I had only known how easy it could be!!

Holland often is getting sweeter everyday. She is very generous with her "thank-you's" and "I'm Sorry!" And this is without prodding from Joe and I. It is just genuine sweetness! She also showers me with kisses and hugs daily. The girl is just the sweetest! She is however currently cutting her two year molars (I am pretty certain anyway...) and is having a really hard time with them. I have read that they are incredibly painful as I can only imagine. The last few nights I gave her some teething tablets that seemed to help immensely and she was able to sleep all night. (hey- even getting up at 5:30 is all night in my book!)

As many of you have seen- Holland has definitely turned into a fish in the water! This past Sunday she definitely even stepped it up a notch from where she had been! She was standing up on a raft and jumping and practically diving into the water, often going underwater and would come up laughing and repeat! It is amazing to see how much she loves the water.

Well, that is only a drop in the bucket, but it gives anyone interested a bit of an idea on what our sweet, silly girl is conquering lately.
And, finally- here are three recent videos of Holland. The first two are just primarily Holland in her new room. I still have yet to decorate it, so it is pretty bare bones, but hopefully I will be able to liven it up soon! (you might notice that I did paint a wall though!) The last video is close to a month old, but it just shows one of Holland's favorite activities- stacking blocks. Try to ignore my counting in the beginning, apparently I need a lesson in counting myself as I can't believe how off I was! I will blame it on the camera blocking my view.

EDIT- Apparently one of the videos is not the one I thought it was! I meant to include one of Holland in her room, on her bed, putting babies to sleep, etc- but insead just uploaded one of her reading the same book for a few minutes. So, I will work on still uploading the intended video now, but if you do watch the reading one- just be prepared it is not the fastest moving video :)




No comments: